2016 Empties - Used Up Products

~ Life Update ~
I really can't believe it's been a whole year since I nervously sat at my laptop creating my very own blog. So many things have changed in a year but the main thing has been myself. In a year I've gained so much confidence and self love. Things I didn't think were possible 12 months ago, crazy. I'm sure any of you out there who have a YouTube channel or a blog of your own know the struggle that is your first few months. The nerves and paranoia that is putting yourself on the internet. But I can honestly say I've never been as happy and can't wait to see what this year holds.

Now onto the post itself,  I'm kicking the year off (I'm well aware it's February!) with a skincare/product post. These are honestly one of my favourites to do. I've seen Estée Lalonde on Youtube do these videos and it really inspired me to start collecting empty products and doing these posts myself, letting you all know my opinions and whether or not i'd go out and buy them again...






I've been using this hairspray now for months and needless to say i'm hooked! although it is a bit more pricey as there is loads of cheaper alternatives out there, I still think it's worth it. I love the scent of this and also how once you spray it you have a little bit of tweaking time before it hardens, which is hard to find. It isn't overly sticky or hard and sprays sheer but easily layered up depending on the desired look.


I've been using this for the last few weeks and I really like it. It has great hold and really does mould your hair into position. If you're one of those people that like your hair to feel weightless and product less this really isn't for you. As your hair isn't moving!

Wella Shockwaves Extrovert Go Matt Clay


This is a much more wearable product for those not used to having a lot of product in their hair. It has a really refreshing scent and it light and not to heavy on your hair although doesn't have a very strong hold.

Provoke Touch Of Silver Dry Shampoo &
Intu Dry Shampoo

In the last year or so I haven't been one for dry shampoo. Not that it doesn't work for me its just that it doesn't blend into my hair with the other products I use so i'd end up leaving the house white! And in that case it's just easier to wash my hair. But in an emergency they're always good to have and these two both do the job well. If I ever do use dry shampoo its on the sides around the front that get greasy quickly.


Garnier Pure Active Micellar Water

I've reviewed this before in another post so i'm not going to ramble on for too long. This micellar water is so gentle on the skin whilst thoroughly cleaning it. Perfect for sensitive skin.

derma V10 Micellar Water

For everyone out there on a budget, this one is for you! I honestly can't tell a difference between this and the Garnier one. I found this one in Home Bargains for i want to say 79p or something like that. Never the less an absolute bargain! (I can't find anywhere online that sells this)



Dry Shampoo Original

This was another Home Bargains pick up, and as you can imagine it does the job and is really affordable.

Nivea Soft

I talked about this in a previous post here and mentioned how I was pleasantly surprised with what this £1 cream does for my face. It really hydrates the skin and helps fight any break outs i'm having, I honestly can't tell you how good this is, just pick one up for yourself and see...

Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion

This I've also reviewed before and from what I remember I really got on well with this product too. I remember it was strong, sounds strange but when I put it on my eyes watered whatever that means. It was really good at clearing up breakouts but I don't think i'd repurchase it again. Although I loved it at the time, I've gotten so much more into using micellar water as its so much more gentle.

The Body Shop Coconut Shower Cream

First off I think this is the nicest smelling thing I've ever smelt in my life. It is to die for! As it is from the body shop obviously its a little overpriced but in my opinion its worth it. I'd definitely recommend!


Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Wash

I used this months ans months ago and found it really gentle and soothing on the skin. It was as it says a cream and I thought it really soothed my skin. Using exfoliating products sometimes can leave your skin raw if over used but a product like this all week and then exfoliating one day should leave your skin in perfect condition.

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel

As with all the body shops products this smells divine! There is not really much I can say about a shower gel but this really is something I looked forward to using.

Baylis & Harding For Him Hair and Body wash

This product was in a favourites post last year so you can read my review here.

T Zone Spot Zapping Gel
Clean & Clear Advantage Spot Control Gel

I did a whole separate post last year on spot treatments where I did a full review on both these products here.

Thank you so much for reading,
Fionntán

No comments