January, February And March Favourites

I can't believe it's over two months since my last favourites! I really should try more products but  I'm one of those people that get into habits, and ditching my trusted regime isn't always easy. So that is why this is a 3 month favourites as I simply wouldn't have enough items to write a post for every month. I'll probably do the next favourites post as a 3 month favourites as well, and every 2 months from then on. hope you enjoy reading.


- I'm starting off this post with two fragrances that I haven't stopped grabbing for, classic and beyond by David Beckham. They are both really affordable, like all of David's fragrances. Although it is fast approaching April, I'll still wear these scents. Not only are they perfect for winter but fruity and light for the summer. Both have an uplifting scent though aren't similar. You can Google actual scent descriptions as the only scent related word I know is musky and that describes neither of the two. These are really nice fragrances, although I wouldn't claim that they have a long staying power as the scent leaves after several hours. But who could go wrong for just over 10 pounds?

- This must seem the most boring favourite ever, but I thought I would share it anyway and it is Asda's moisturising anti-bacterial hand gel. That's a mouthful. But this is just so convenient for those times when soap and water just takes too long. I believe the 'Carex' alternative is £1 for a 50ml bottle and I believe this was £1.50 for a 200ml bottle. I'm not going to rave on and on as I'm sure you've heard of hand sanitizer!  

- Clean & Clears 'Dual Action' moisturiser has helped my skin so much. If you read my skin care routine you would know that I was using a moisturiser from Asda, a few weeks ago I finished that up. I also started using my new body shop products that I also did a post on. And as I mentioned in that post they really dry out my skin. My skin became very flakey and dry and also broke out due to my skin being so dry. After applying this moisturiser twice I saw a dramatic difference. My skin had been more or less restored to its original state and my blemish pigmentation severely reduced. This product I more or less wrote off as 'basic' when I first got it but now its became a firm favourite that i would really miss if it wasn't in my routine. 
 

- My next two favourites are deodorants. The Sure 'Active Dry' and the Dove 'Clean Comfort' roll-on deodorant. Both I have been grabbing for equally. There is something so easy about grabbing an aerosol deodorant rather than a roll-on although I do prefer roll-on when I get out of the shower. Both have really clean scent and essentially do what they say on the tin as well as giving a really clean feeling. I will try the spray version of the Dove one and let you know which I prefer.

- Next on my list is Wella 'Shockwaves Messy' matt clay. First I want to add that this product works best with shorter hair and when followed with hairspray as it doesn't give a strong hold to the hair. But aside from all that I love this product and especially the scent, a very masculine, cologne style smell. I use this mostly on dry hair after it is blow dried. I also have used this on towel dried hair and then dried. I do this when my hair is starting to lose shape and is growing out as it adds volume to my hair and also shape. I bought this on promotion at Asda where I bought 2 and saved money, I can't actually remember the details. A great product for a great price and also this product doesn't automatically give a messy look if styled afterwards, as it says to achieve a messy look apply to damp hair and air dry. But if you are using it for other uses it also works just as well.


- These products have saved my life. When my face is in bad condition this is what I to. I use these products together as a mask. They are '3 in 1 mask, scrub and cleanser tea tree' skin system for Asda and St. Ives 'Apricot scrub'. I mix them with a ratio of about 4:1 with the largest amount being the mask. I mix these as the scrub gives it a far better scent and also makes it more smooth and easy to work with. I leave this on for a bout 15 minutes and sometimes more. This combination really helps my skin not only with it's appearance but with its feel. My skin feels so hydrated and cared for and has such a glowey look. After I use this mask I get so many compliments on my skin and even people asking what I use. These products are both very affordable and a real favourite. They also help with they appearance of blemishes, reducing them greatly. I would highly recommend these products, sometimes I even add in my serum if my skin is more oily than usual, also works great. 


- A television favourite of mine that I had to include is 'Tattoo Fixers'. This has been my source of entertainment for months and months. I just cant get enough! Its really interesting to see the artist actually tattoo in front of the camera. I love all the artists just can't fault the show. Its on every Monday night at 9 I think on E4, I can't urge you to watch it enough. For all those out there who have never heard of this show ill give you a basic synopsis. A random person comes into the tattoo shop with a funny story on why they had their stupid tattoo that they now regret. Each of the three artists sketch up a design to suite the persons cover up and then that person decides which of the three designs they want their tattoo covered with. 

- My recent music favourites have been...
Work from home - Fifth Harmony
Take Me Home - Jess Glyne
Hands To Myself - Selena Gomez
Tears Dry On Their Own - Amy Winehouse

Thank you for reading this post! I really enjoy sharing what products and random things I love. I try to keep everything really affordable. I hope you enjoy your Saturday.
- Fionntán

No comments