First Impressions : The Body Shop - Tea Tree Facial Wash & Foaming Cleanser


Facial Wash - here
Foaming Cleanser - here 

I've been using these products now for a week and a half. Previously I had been using my trusty Clean & Clear daily wash that I've ranted and raved about. My skin was in good condition, only I had a few spots under my skin at each side of my forehead, this is always where I break out! I think I'm the only person that gets spots here but what can I do? So anyway no matter what face wash I used I knew I was going to break out as I could visibly see the spots appearing under my skin. However since using these products my forehead has broken out quite badly especially at those sides. I would say I have oily skin, (my t-zone gets very oily but my cheeks are just normal in case anyone was wondering) and these products claim to 'remove excess oil without over-drying the skin'. But since using these my chin has became dry and flakey, a problem I've never had before. But nothing a bit of moisturizer wouldn't fix eventually.  
 
I'm not a fan of the smell of these products at all but I can see past that as having them on my face once a day won't kill me. The wash is good, it doesn't excessively lather on the skin but gives a really clean and fresh feel when washed off. As for the cleanser it is the first foaming one that I have ever tried. And I have to say I really like it. It's quite amusing to watch liquid go into a pump and come out as foam. Yes I must be the weirdest person ever! I saw that my local Asda does a tea tree foaming cleanser as well, a few pounds cheaper of course. So I plan to do a comparison post in the next few months if I can get my hands on it. But back to this one, it works really well and also provides that really weird burning but a good burning feeling to the skin like the clean and clear one that I love. Both leave my face feeling clean but awfully dry and itchy. So I immediately do another cleanse with my Clean & Clear lotion and apply moisturizer.
 
I'm hoping that the reason for me breaking out so bad is that these products are clearing out my pores and removing the toxins deep in my skin, that's what I've been telling myself anyway as the urge to switch products was really killing me when I began to break out. Now I have decided to wait it out and keep using them for the next few weeks. If I however end up really liking the products (which I hope I do as they both have 5 star reviews on the website) I will do an updated post with my more knowledgeable opinion.
 
Just before I end this post I want to briefly mention the Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash as when linking these products I stumbled across this one, and if I end up not liking the products I bought I will definitely give the a go before righting of the whole range. If you have skin like described previously perhaps this would be a better choice as I love my Clean & Clear cream wash for my skin and this may be a good tea tree version, also with a five star rating on the website.
 
- Just want to touch on the lack of posts this month. A lot has been happening behind the screen and I've also been very busy so please excuse times like this I will try to make up for those posts this week as I'm currently on holidays.
 
- Fionntán 


No comments