November & December Favourites

Throughout the colder months there has been several things I've been grabbing for without even thinking. Whether they are skincare, home-ware, a series or random favourites I just love them all! The winter for me is just that time of the year when everything slows down and you can just enter relaxing mode. I just love to sit back, pamper myself and eat all the food I would usually feel bad for indulging in.



- My first favourite is 'Clean and Clear'; this brand has honestly saved my face as past few months and I honestly couldn't live without them. In particular I've been loving the 'deep action cream wash' (not available online) I have an array of face washes and scrubs and honestly when my skin is having it's spot festival on my face this is what I use! and can I add its probably the cheapest (£3, ASDA) I can't describe what it does, it has a very clean scent and is very refreshing on the skin. When applied it almost burns the skin (in a good way) it doesn't hurt, you just know its doing a good job.

I have also been loving the 'deep cleansing lotion' equally as much. and can I add one is oil free and the other for sensitive skin so for all out there who are dealing with oily and sensitive skin, I feel you! This product is amazing! I can't stress this enough, nothing comes close to this lotion. I use this after the face wash or on its own if I'm feeling lazy and just want to quickly clean my face. this product is so strong it makes my eyes water! you just know its thoroughly cleaning the skin and removing any dirt that the wash missed. this is most definitely a holy grail product for me!

- My next favourite, I use every day religiously and its my 'Sonic cleansing brush from Toilet-tree Products' I had saw so many beauty bloggers rant and rave about the Clarisonic face brushes but at £125 I wasn't about to make a purchase. Until one day I was on Amazon and decided to see if they offered any cheaper alternatives and so they did. This was one of the first results so when I saw it was less than £30, I had to give it a try and I haven't looked back. It came with the brush and 4 changeable heads one for the body, feet and a normal and sensitive one for the face. I use the sensitive one and it does a great job for my face. I would never go back to just using my hands and water as it just doesn't compare.

- My third favourite is from the body shop and it is their 'Coconut shower cream' the scent of this product is to die for, I think this is my favourite scent ever from the body shop! I tried this and the mango body sorbet last month and I loved this and hated the sorbet. Not to get into too much depth but the scent just wasn't for me. When I put it on my hand to test it once I got it, it smelled nice. Throughout the day I was getting this awful and sickly smell but it never appeared to me that it was that body sorbet until I lifted my hand to check and it was. The product itself is good and very moisturising so I may still repurchase in a different scent, but now onto the shower cream. This makes my skin smell divine and like the sorbet is also very moisturising, the only fault I have is that you have to use quite a bit to get it to foam up. But overall a great product.

-  My forth favourite is the unlikely gift set product. I got the 'Baylis & Harding - Hair and Body wash' in the scent black pepper and ginseng for Christmas (£7.99 at Semichem). I not only love the scent of this product as its a musky, masculine scent but its formula is amazing it has a very 'jelly' like consistency but when applied to wet skin foams like the most luxurious bubble bath on the market! A few weeks ago I ran out of shampoo and that night I was having a shower and I thought 'what can I use to wash my hair?' so I looked in my products baskets and to my surprise found this. Not only is it an amazing body wash but an amazing shampoo as well! I couldn't tell the difference between washing with this and washing my hair with my usual shampoo. this would be the perfect 2 in 1 travel product!

- My fifth favourite is 'Primark Candles'. My bedroom has been in the process of getting 'done up' since months and months ago, believe me its a work in progress! (I plan to do a whole blog post when its finished) but every time I go into primark I rush to the home-ware before even glancing at the clothes! I adore everything they stock and the affordable price tag is right up my street. Particularly the candles, I think candles make every space that bit more homely and the ones I've shown are £3-£4. The scents are beautiful and an all round total steal!

- My next favourite hasn't just been the past two months, its an all year round favourite and that's 'Gogglebox'. I honestly can't say enough about the programme only that the team behind it are geniuses! Years ago when this show would be on I would flick the channel without passing a thought now I would literally cry if I missed it! To sum it up its about an array of different families reacting to the previous weeks t.v, doesn't sound good but trust me give it a go... My favourite family is the Muffets, and then to be more specific Scarlet, her one liners have me in fits of laughter! Every Friday night is a dream sitting watching this.

- My last favourite is a film, I would almost go as far to say my all time favourite film 'The Holiday'. This to some is a Christmas film but to me its not because I watch it all year through constantly. not to give too much away but its about two women who are unhappy in their lives and switch houses over the holiday period on a quest to find happiness. I feel that everyone can relate to this film, to a time when things weren't going their way. All in all this is most definitely a 'feel good film' and definitely worth the watch.

- Fionntán  

No comments