My New Years Resolutions 2016

I feel as if every year I set my myself strict resolutions to follow and when the year begins the last thing on my mind is to actually follow them, this year I want to change that and actually follow through with my resolutions. I have so many things I want to do or change and I always thought it's not the 'right time' but when actually is the 'right time'? I don't think there really is one, so I'm starting now...




- My first resolution is 'committing to my blog' as this is something I've always wanted to but as I've mentioned before I was always putting it off for another year and never actually started it. Now that I have started it, I want to commit to posting every week and eventually twice a week as the year progresses. I'm not restricting myself to two posts a week straight away as I have a lot of modules and exams this year that I need to prepare for, which leads me to resolution number two...

- My second resolution is to 'create an equal balance between school and the Internet' I think personally I'm the biggest procrastinator you'll ever meet! I try my hardest not to be but then every time I have and essay to write over say a week I'll leave it to the Sunday before it's due, even though every time I say I won't do it I continue to leave it to the last minute, this is something I know needs to change. I'm even worse when it comes to revision, setting aside time to make notes, learn them, do past-papers is actually a lot harder than you think, but this year I'm turning off the Internet and forcing myself because if I don't nothing will ever get done!

- Finally my third resolution is 'to keep a positive mindset' I feel like even though quite often you hear that 'your teenage years are the best years of your life' i feel like they can equally be your hardest... On top of exams and school you're also discovering who you are and learning from experiences that you'll perhaps never get over. Friendships that didn't work out or relationships that went wrong all something that is so hard to stay strong through but also will shape who you are as a person. I've learnt things on my previous years that will always stay with me, lessons I've learnt about myself and others and how to not get too attached is one I'm currently working on. In between it all you can find yourself down and just not feeling the way you want to feel. This year I'm trying my hardest to realise it's not the end of the world and feeling sorry for yourself solves nothing at the end of the day, though it may be tough I'll give it a try. So should you.
- Fionntán 

2 comments