Review: L'ORÉAL Pure Clay Masks

~Yet another life update~
I know, I know, I'm really the most inconsistent blogger the world ever did see. I can't believe I haven't posted since APRIL *Que the sighs and eye rolls* but I really do apologise! Apart from May and June revolving around exams I dread to see the results for, I think I should be medically diagnosed with laziness lol (yes i'm seriously saying 'lol' and no i'm not 40!). Let's hope I can find it in myself to get back into the swing of things and consistently upload throughout the summer months and then on.

Face masks in general seemed to swarm the nation last year with every brand giving them a go. L'ORÉAL of course being one of them. With a price tag of £5.99 each, today i'm going to tell you whether or not I believe they're each 'worth it'.






This mask at the beginning seemed to be the one out of the range that I grabbed for the most. It's gentle on the skin whilst thoroughly cleaning it. This mask removes all the excess oil and dirt on the skin's surface without irritating it. If you haven't got overly problematic skin and just want to give your face a refresh, then this ones for you! I would also recommend this mask to anyone with combination skin as it does a great job at removing oil without aggravating any dry patches you may have. After using this mask my skin appeared hydrated and fresh which intensified with continued use.



Out of the range I think this one was the most hyped and I honestly don't see why. When I heard the word 'detox' I was expecting it to possibly clear pores, remove blackheads, target breakouts, but no, none of which did it do. Apart from the novelty of putting it on and watching it dry I really didn't see the point in it. It probably cleaned the skin but as far as the word 'detox' goes, I don't believe it lived up to the name. I personally prefer the other two, as well as cleaning the skin they both did something different which I don't think this one really did.



This mask unlike the other two doesn't dry down and has more of a 'scrub' consistency rather than a mask. I tended to use this one when my skin has just broken out as nine times out of ten my breakouts are due to a build up of oil. This mask soaked up oil whilst also exfoliating the skin. This mask had a gritty texture which was great for getting rid of dead skin cells and wiping the skin slate clean. This mask to me is the best value for money as you're really getting a mask and a scrub in one. I think this as you're applying the product and letting it soak into the skin for 10 minutes before removing it with a face cloth soaked in warm water which will essentially scrub off any dead skin. Out of all three masks this one i'd repurchase in a heartbeat as someone with normal skin, i think this does everything in one! After using this mask i'd many compliments on how nice my skin was which is when you know a product is good!

All in all I had a good experience with the three masks but was more satisfied with the purity and glow masks as I saw the best results from those. At a price point of £5.99 i'd suggest you head out and try them for yourself, what's to lose? For those wondering I have 'normal' skin meaning i'm not overly oily or dry. I just get slightly oily on my T zone which is common. If you're someone with a different skin type to me these masks might have different results on you as we all have different product experiences.

Thank you for reading,
Fionntán    

No comments