What's In My Everyday Essentials Basket

Everyone has that one bag or in my case a basket that they fill with all the products they love. You try and try to do a big 'clear out' and test new things but in the end you just go back to the ones you know and love. Oh, we've all been there... So today I'm going to show you what I keep in my essential products basket.



As you all know I loved my Clean & Clear Cleansing lotion but when it ran out I decided instead of just repurchasing it I'd give the garnier one a chance. As it seems everyone has been raving about the range. I picked up the pure active version to see what I thought as it is intended for sensitive and problematic skin. Honestly I wouldn't just tell you to rush out and buy it and that's my honest opinion. Apparently it's brilliant for taking make up off but since I don't wear make up I couldn't comment on that claim. I love the packaging of this product as it is bright and summer like, I have to say garnier kills it at the packaging end. Well more into the product, it's good, it removes dirt/oil at the end of the day essentially what a cleansing water should do but it just doesn't do anything special.  It doesn't appear to help with blackheads or breakouts so in my case I wouldn't label this as a 'holy grail' product.


Can I first just start off by saying, my god what a mouthful! I really like using this face wash on a daily basis as I don't find it harsh on my skin especially when I'm going through a breakout, although at times can be slightly drying. It's scent is divine and I would honestly only use this product alone for the rest of my life based off of scent alone. I find it helps when I have a breakout as it doesn't irritate the skin like most exfoliant based products do. For anyone wondering this product contains salicylic acid which helps with spots and vitamin C to help gives skin a brighter complexion. This product really refreshes the skin perfectly for summer and I really love using it.


I like this product to really deep clean my skin, I wouldn't advise using this everyday as I think it can become harsh with constant use especially on broken out skin. This product has a nice refreshing scent that somewhat smells like aloe vera or some sort of plant. I don't think this product has a real effect on the appearance of my blackheads although it does clean my skin whilst giving a fresh feel to my face. I use this when I feel my regular face wash isn't doing enough. 


As with the next few products, they were all featured in my most recent favourites post so i'm not going to in depth review them in this post. If you want a more in detail review go give that post a read. This deodorant is really moisturising on the underarms leaving them smooth. This product has a really clean scent and does a good job at preventing sweat odour.

5 -  Asda Moisturising Antibacterial Hand Gel

I find this product really handy and one I would surely miss if I didn't have it. It's so convenient to just clean your hands in an instant. I often use this product before cleansing my face just to make sure that when i'm using my hands to apply moisturisers etc that my hands are clean and that i'm not applying germs onto my skin.

6 - The Skin System 3 In 1 Mask, Scrub And Cleanser &
St. Ives Apricot Scrub

I've listed these products together as I use them as a duo. I mix both together and use and a mask to refresh my skin when it just needs a boost or if my skin has broken out. Excuse how battered the packaging is on the 3 in 1 product, it's really hard to squeeze out and this is the result of it! But anyway I really like these two products and I think them compliment each other well. This is my go-to mask. I want to try one of the Origins face mask as I hear a lot of hype around them and i'll be sure to let you know what I think as I think they are pricier that most other masks.


7 - Wella Shockwaves Messy Matt Clay
First off I just want to say that i'm not sure if the one I linked is the exact same, they must have changed the name as I looked on Boots and Asda and both had the same sort of packaging with a different name, whatever they've done. I love this clay and I would recommend it to everyone. This is my second tub and I plan to keep repurchasing it. It smells great and dry completely matt and isn't noticable, even when too much is applied.

8 - Got2b Glued Hairspray
Home Bargains has just arrived where I live a few months ago and whilst in there I was dying to see what products they stocked, as the idea of the shop is that everything is cheaper there than usual. I stumbled across this hairspray that i'd been eyeing up for quite a while but wasn't sure I wanted to spend almost £5 on a bottle of hairspray for just £2.79. I've been using it now a few weeks and I love it. The smell is so nice. It gives such good hold without making hair sticky or hard, barely noticeable and for that price i'll for sure be buying over and over again.


9 - Clean & Clear Advantage Spot Control Treatment Gel

I'll start off by saying that Boots is over priced for this item. I got it from Asda for £2 on offer so be sure to check around before buying. I heard so many people saying that this product was the one they turned to for those stubborn breakouts that just don't seem to leave. So obviously I knew I needed it. To be quite honest it's good but it's not brilliant. I can see a difference but nothing that any other gel doesn't do.

10 - T-Zone Rapid Action Spot Zapping Gel

As with the last product i'm going to do a post all about spot treatments so I don't want to go too into depth now. I've been using this a few weeks now and I like it. It seems to have an effect on spots and is very affordable at 99p from Home Bargains. I couldn't link it directly from there as it wasn't on their website. I'll continue to use this so I can give a good review in my dedicated post.

11 - Clean & Clear Morning Energy Face Moisturiser

I've ran out of my recent moisturiser a few weeks ago and instead of doing my usual stunt of ignoring the ones I already have and making myself buy another I decided to give one I already had a go and that's what i'm currently doing. It's not a moisturiser i'd tell everyone to go out and buy, it merely does the job. I'm just waiting until its done so I can try a new one.

12 - Vaseline Aloe Vera Lip Therapy

What can I really say about this? I'm sure everyone and there granny has tried Vaseline's lip range. I was using Nivea's hydro care for ages and ages and I really liked it. The only thing putting me off was the fact that I was repurchasing it all the time, they never seemed to last. So one day I decided I would try Vaseline and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Its's really long lasting and hydrating on the lips. For that price you really couldn't beat it!

13 - Nivea Soft Face Body And Hands

I've linked the tube version as Boots don't seem to sell the small tub, not that it makes any difference. I was also pleasantly surprised by how good this product was for the price. It works so well and is also really hydrating on the skin. This works perfectly on the skin and I applied it at night. I found that my skin looked really fresh in the morning and also did a lot for my spots.


Thank you for getting this far and continuing to read my posts, I really appreciate it. It feels so good to be back at it again and I hope to have more posts coming soon. If you are on a computer or just viewing the web version of my blog you might notice the difference in the photographs. I used my camera to take them and uploaded  them at their original size. I like them a lot bigger as I think it looks nice on a post, let me know what you think.

Have a lovely day,
Fionntán

No comments